exploring the world of tennis . . .
Quiz No. 58
How many can you get right
(before you look at the answers)?
1. Who won the French Open men's title when the tournament switched to Roland Garros in 1928?:
2. Who is this?:
3. Who did Althea Gibson beat in the 1956 French Open to become the first African-American player to win a Grand Slam event?:
4. Who is this?:
5. Who served underarm to Steffi Graf in the 1999 French Open final?:
6. When Major Walter Wingfield defined the rules of the modern game of tennis in 1874, what name did he give it?:
7. With whom does Pete Sampras share the record for most Wimbledon men's singles titles (seven)?:
8. With whom does Pete Sampras share the record for most US Open men's singles titles won during the open era (five)?:
9. Who inflicted a double bagel on Maria Sharapova in the 2005 Indian Wells semi-finals?:
10. Which woman was the first reigning French Open champion to lose in the first round at Wimbledon during the open era?:
Check your score before you look at the answers!
Your score is
Click here to select another quiz!